Services offered by DMI
DMI delivers consultancy and organizes training and awareness programmes
Subjects on the request of Industries, administration and regulators:
- Development of Disaster Management Plans (covering components of on-site and off-site emergency management plans).
- Evaluation of Disaster Management Plans.
- Hazard identification and risk assessment (HIRA) in process industries, isolated storages, transportation
- Safety Audits & reports
- Organisation of Mock-drills
- Risk Analysis and assessment
- Accident investigation and root cause analysis
- Risk assessment by using HAZOP, FEMA, FTA, ETA, etc. techniques
- Application of spatial concepts in hazard identification and risk assessment
- Community awareness programme
- Detailing of risk assessment in EIA studies
- The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) constituted under the chairmanship of the Prime Minister of Government of India, has selected DMI as the member of Core Group for the preparation of National Disaster Management Guidelines- Chemical Disaster (NMG-CD). The recommendations and the action points suggested by the Institute have helped NDMA in formulation of these guidelines.
- The senior officers from the regulatory bodies, industries of Public and Private sectors, and District Authorities along with other stakeholders, from the various parts of the country participated in this workshop.
- DMI was also selected as one of the members of working Planning Commission for Disaster Management by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA). The role of this core group will be to formulate the Strategy and Guidelines for the Management Chemical Disasters and bridge the gaps in identified critical areas.