Jonita Gandhi (Singer) Wiki:- Jonita Gandhi, born on October 23, 1989, is a Canadian singer of Indian origin. She’s known for her playback singing, mostly in Hindi and Tamil, but she has also sung in languages like Punjabi, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, and Malayalam. She has sung popular songs like “The Breakup Song,” “Mental Manadhil,” “Chellama,” and “Arabic Kuthu.” Jonita is also recognized for her presence on YouTube. Her singing journey began with the title track of the movie “Chennai Express” in 2013.
Jonita Gandhi Biography
- 1 Jonita Gandhi Biography
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 Education Qualification
- 4 Family & Relationship
- 5 Jonita Gandhi Career
- 6 Social Media Platforms
- 7 Net Worth & Salary
- 8 Some Facts About Jonita Gandhi (Singer)
- 9 FAQ’s
Jonita Gandhi was born into a Punjabi family in Delhi. When she was just nine months old, her family moved to Brampton, Canada, where she grew up. Later, they settled in Mississauga. She went to Turner Fenton Secondary School and later attended the Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario. In 2012, she completed her degrees in health science and business. She has received formal training in Western and Hindustani classical singing.
Jonita Gandhi Wiki Details
|Date of birth
|23 October 1989
|Age of 2024
Check This:-Pallavi Dey Wiki
|Turner Fenton Secondary School, Brampton, Canada
|Richard Ivey School of Business (University of Western Ontario)
Family & Relationship
|Deepak Gandhi (Electronics Engineer, Runs a Music Studio)
|Mandeep Gandhi (Recently engaged to a musician named Mohua)
Check This:-Sangeeta Sornalingam Wiki
Jonita Gandhi Career
Gandhi’s upbringing was immersed in music, with her father and brother being part-time musicians who performed cover songs at community events. At 16, she auditioned for Canadian Idol but didn’t move forward. Undeterred, she started creating YouTube covers from her bedroom, often collaborating with local musicians like Akash Gandhi. These videos gained immense popularity, opening doors for her to perform.
Her YouTube hits included covers of popular Hindi-film songs like “Pani Da Rang,” “Tujhko Jo Paaya,” “Tum Hi Ho,” and more, forming the basis of her early concerts. Her journey into playback singing began when she got the chance to perform with Sonu Nigam on a global tour. This experience fueled her desire to enter the Bollywood music industry. She made her playback singing debut with “Chennai Express,” composed by Vishal-Shekhar. Her work extended to other Bollywood films, including “Highway.”
Jonita Gandhi collaborated with notable music directors such as A. R. Rahman and Pritam. She was featured in A. R. Rahman’s concert film “One Heart.” She performed at events like the 2016 Jubilee Games in Dubai and MTV Unplugged with Amit Trivedi. In 2020, she mentored and judged the Indian kids’ singing reality show “Taare Zameen Par” on StarPlus. In 2021, she’s set to make her film debut in director Vignesh Shivan’s Tamil film “Walking/Talking Strawberry Icecream.” Notably, Jonita Gandhi performed at the IPL 2023 Closing ceremony alongside DIVINE at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad.
Read Also This:-Rekha (Actress) Wiki Biography
|Benny Dayal, AR Rahman, Asha Bhonsle and Lata Mangeshkar
|“Aji Rooth Kar Kahan Jaiyega” from “Aarzoo” “Lag jaa Gaale” from “Who Kaun Thi” “Aap Ki Nazron ne Samjha” from “Anpadh”
|Favourite TV Shows
|The Big Bang Theory, Girls, Dexter and Silicon Valley
|Bruno Mars and AR Rahman
|Favourite Music genre
|Opera, Classical Music and Romance
|Favourite food items
|Aamras Puri, Sushi and Tofu
Read Also:-Sanjay Dutt Wiki
Social Media Platforms
Net Worth & Salary
|2-3 Million USD
Some Facts About Jonita Gandhi (Singer)
Certainly, here are some interesting facts about Jonita Gandhi:
- Multilingual Talent: Jonita Gandhi is known for her versatility in singing across various languages, including Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, and Malayalam.
- Family Influence: Growing up, Jonita’s father and brother were musicians, which exposed her to music from an early age and influenced her musical journey.
- YouTube Breakthrough: She gained recognition through her YouTube channel, where her covers of popular songs quickly went viral, leading to numerous opportunities in the music industry.
- Failed Canadian Idol Audition: Despite not progressing on Canadian Idol, Jonita persevered and eventually found her path in the music world through online platforms.
- Playback Singing Debut: Her playback singing debut began with the title track of the Bollywood movie “Chennai Express” in 2013.
- Global Performer: She has had the privilege of performing on a worldwide tour alongside Sonu Nigam, spanning countries like Russia, UK, US, and the Caribbean.
- Collaborations with Renowned Music Directors: Jonita has worked with acclaimed music directors like A. R. Rahman, Pritam, and Salim-Sulaiman.
- Film Debut: She is set to make her acting debut in the Tamil film “Walking/Talking Strawberry Icecream,” directed by Vignesh Shivan.
- Reality Show Judge: In 2020, she served as a mentor and judge on the Indian kids’ singing reality show “Taare Zameen Par.”
- IPL Performance: Jonita Gandhi showcased her musical talent at the IPL 2023 Closing ceremony, performing at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad alongside DIVINE.
- Education: She holds degrees in health science and business from the Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario.
- Classical Training: Jonita has received formal training in both Western and Hindustani classical singing.
How old is Jonita Gandhi?
Jonita Gandhi was born on October 23, 1989. As of now (2023), she is around 33 years old.
Can you provide a brief biography of Jonita Gandhi?
Jonita Gandhi is a Canadian singer of Indian origin, known for her versatile singing across languages. She gained prominence through her YouTube covers and made her playback singing debut with the title track of the movie Chennai Express in 2013. She has collaborated with renowned music directors and has performed on global stages.
How did Jonita Gandhi rise to fame?
Jonita Gandhi gained recognition by creating YouTube covers of popular songs, which quickly gained popularity. Her online presence and talent led to opportunities in the music industry, including playback singing and live performances.
Can you provide more details about Jonita Gandhi's education and training?
Jonita Gandhi holds degrees in health science and business from the Ivey Business School at the University of Western Ontario. She has received formal training in Western and Hindustani classical singing.
Jatin Dubey is a 26-year-old MBA student whose passion for storytelling and a deep love for literature have fueled his journey as an aspiring author. Born and raised in a small town, Jatin discovered the magic of words at a young age when he stumbled upon an old, dusty library tucked away in a forgotten corner of his neighborhood. As he delved into the world of books, he found solace and inspiration in the pages of classic novels and contemporary fiction.