Amarnath Yatra 2024:- Due to the pandemic, the Amarnath Yatra was paused for two years. However, authorities have decided to resume it this year. The yatra is set to begin on June 30 and conclude on August 2024. Interested participants can apply starting April 11 at https://jksasb.nic.in/. The registration process will be open for five days. For detailed information on Shri Amarnath Yatra in 2024, including highlights, significance, offline and online registration procedures, fees, medical forms, preparation tips, and group registration, please read below.
- 1 Amarnath Yatra
- 2 Shri Amarnath Yatra 2024 Overview
- 3 Amarnath Yatra Significance 2024
- 4 Step to Amarnath Yatra Registration Offline 2024?
- 5 How to Registered on Amarnath Yatra Online 2024?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQ’s
People visit Amarnath to worship Lord Shiva at the sacred Amarnath Shrine in Pahalgam, Jammu & Kashmir. The Amarnath Shrine Board manages the pilgrimage. Applications can be submitted online or offline. The pilgrimage covers 141 kilometers and reaches an altitude of 3,888 meters, passing through two holy caves. Tourists come here with family to witness worshippers ascending the cave. To visit, registration is mandatory. The visitor center provides a website link for reservations to explore this religious destination.
Shri Amarnath Yatra 2024 Overview
|Amarnath Yatra 2024
|Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board
|Registration Starting Date
|Registration Last Date
|Documents Required for Amarnath Yatra Registration
|Aadhar Card, Medical Fitness Certificate
|Amarnath Yatra Starting Date
|Amarnath Yatra Ending Date
Amarnath Yatra Significance 2024
Pilgrims from Kashmir travel to the Amarnath Temple in the Himalayas on the Amarnath Yatra. This journey is highly significant in Hinduism, as it’s believed to lead to Moksha or Nirvana. The 10-day Yatra begins on the full moon day of Ashwin (usually July or August). Pilgrims visit temples and monasteries, spending nights along the way, and reach the Amarnath Temple on the last day. There, they worship Lord Amarnath, the temple’s main deity.
Amarnath Pilgrimage Registration Fees
The registration fee for this year’s Amarnath Yatra is 120 rupees per person, increased from the previous fee of 100 rupees. Those who registered in 2021 will now pay 20 rupees more, totaling 120 rupees.
Shri Amarnath Yatra Medical Form
During registration, you must fill out a health questionnaire and provide a doctor’s note if you’re unwell. The trip is for people aged 13 to 75; pregnant individuals or those with health issues can’t participate. Every passenger needs a Health Certificate and a passport-sized photo.
Preparation Tips for Amarnath Yatra
If you’re planning for Amarnath Yatra in 2024, keep these points in mind:
- Stay Fit: Get in shape before the Yatra.
- Exercise: Start walking and doing yoga a month before the Yatra.
- Practice Breathing Techniques: Try deep breathing exercises to improve oxygen intake.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink about 5 liters of liquids daily to avoid headaches and dehydration.
- Watch for Altitude Sickness: Descend to a lower altitude if you feel sick due to high altitude.
- Eat Carbs: Consume carbohydrates to prevent fatigue and low blood sugar.
- Seek Medical Help: If you feel unwell or show signs of altitude sickness, contact a medical facility immediately.
Guidelines for the Amarnath Yatra Group Registration 2024
For group registrations for Shri Amarnath Yatra, here are the key points:
- Contact Details: Yatris planning to go in groups of five or more can contact the Chief Executive Officer at Chaitanya Ashram, Talab Tillo, Jammu, and K-Villa Sohrawardy House, Shivpuri, via registered mail if they can’t get Yatra Permits from nearby banks due to limited vacancies.
- Group Registration Process: Group registration starts on a date announced by SASB and ends on the same day. Maximum 50 registrations per group per day per route are allowed, based on availability, processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Required Documentation: Group Leader must send application forms, Compulsory Health Certificates (CHCs) from accredited medical facilities, four passport-sized photos (one with the leader’s signature), leader’s contact details, and Yatra Registration Fee and Postal Charges via bank draft to SASB.
- Eligibility Criteria: Individuals aged 13 to 75 can register. Pregnant women more than six weeks pregnant are not eligible.
- Acceptance Criteria: CHCs issued after a specific SASB-set date are accepted. Yatris can only start the Yatra on the registered day and route.
- Communication: If no slots are available, documents are returned via registered mail. If the group leader agrees, they can apply for the next available slot.
- Responsibility: Any postal delays are not the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board.
Group Registration Charges
|No persons in a Group
|1 to 5 members
|6 to 10 members
|11 to15 members
|16 to 20 members
|21 to 25 members
|26 to 30 members and so on
Step to Amarnath Yatra Registration Offline 2024?
- For offline Amarnath Yatra registration, there are about 446 branches of Punjab National Bank, Jammu and Kashmir Bank, and Yes Bank.
- It’s advised to check the 2024 Yatra opening and closing dates online before applying.
- Registration fees can be paid online using methods like net banking, debit or credit cards, or UPI on the portal link.
- Tickets for the Yatra and packages can now be booked online.
- With registration starting on April 2024, it’s expected that more pilgrims will participate this year.
How to Registered on Amarnath Yatra Online 2024?
To register for Amarnath Yatra online, follow these steps:
- Visit Official Site: Go to https://jksasb.nic.in/.
- Homepage: Click on the “Register” button.
- Read Instructions: Accept the instructions displayed on the new page.
- Fill Registration Form: Provide yatri’s details, including name, gender, contact information, Aadhar number, and medical details. Upload necessary documents.
- Choose Route and Date: Select Yatra route and date, then click on “Check Availability.”
- Submit Form: Enter captcha code and click “Submit” to complete the process.
- RFID Tags: After successful registration, travelers will receive RFID tags to monitor their movements.
- Additional Requirements: Yatris need four passport-size photos and a medical certificate from a specialist doctor or organization.
In conclusion, Amarnath Yatra in 2024 promises a spiritual journey filled with devotion and reverence. Registration for this significant pilgrimage involves careful planning and adherence to guidelines. Pilgrims can anticipate a transformative experience, worshipping Lord Shiva in the Himalayas. The Yatra’s start date, route, and distance offer challenges met with faith and determination. With proper preparation and following safety tips, devotees can embark on this sacred odyssey, fostering a deep connection with their spirituality amid the serene Himalayan landscape.
How can I register for Amarnath Yatra?
To register, visit the official website, fill out the required forms, provide necessary documents, and pay the registration fee as per guidelines provided.
When does Amarnath Yatra in 2024 start?
The specific start date for Amarnath Yatra will be announced by the authorities. Please stay updated on the official website or local news sources.
What are some essential tips for Amarnath Yatra?
Prepare physically by walking, doing yoga, and breathing exercises. Stay hydrated; drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration. Follow the guidelines provided by the authorities. Carry necessary medications and a first aid kit. Respect the environment and local customs. Stay updated on weather forecasts and be prepared for changes.
What are the different routes available for the Yatra?
The routes for Amarnath Yatra typically include Baltal and Pahalgam. Pilgrims can choose the route based on their preferences and physical capabilities.
How long is the distance covered during the Yatra?
The exact distance covered during the Yatra depends on the chosen route. Typically, the Yatra covers a distance of around 141 kilometers.
Meet Deepmala, a 22-year-old college student and a budding author. She’s passionate about storytelling, and her writing is a window into her world of creativity. With a unique blend of authenticity and relatability, Deepmala’s work explores human emotions, relationships, and personal growth, drawing inspiration from her own experiences.