किसान विकास पत्र:- The government consistently introduces schemes to encourage saving habits among citizens, and one such initiative is the Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana. This scheme is designed for individuals seeking low-risk, long-term investments. In this article, we will share essential details about the Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana, including its purpose, features, benefits, and the application process. If you are interested in gaining comprehensive information about this scheme, we encourage you to read the entire article.
Kisan Vikas Patra 2024
- 1 Kisan Vikas Patra 2024
- 2 Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana Overview
- 3 Objective Of Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana
- 4 Eligibility for Kisan Vikas Patra
- 5 How to Apply for Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana Online 2024?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQ’s
This savings scheme doubles the investment after a specific period. You can apply for it at a bank or post office. The investment duration is 10 years and 4 months (124 months), resulting in a doubled amount. It’s not exclusive to farmers; any Indian citizen can apply. For the Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana 2024, you need to purchase a KVP certificate with a minimum investment of ₹1000. There’s no upper limit on investment; however, if you invest more than ₹50,000, you’ll need to provide your PAN card details.
Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana Overview
|Name Of The Scheme
|किसान विकास पत्र योजना
|Citizens of India
|To encourage the spirit of savings among the countrymen.
|Rate of interest
Kisan Vikas Patra Certificate
Kisan Vikas Patra is offered by the government through post offices and can be purchased using cash, cheque, pay order, or demand draft. There are three types of certificates:
- Single Holder Type: Issued to an individual on behalf of a minor or a girl child.
- Joint A Type: Issued jointly to two adults, with joint liability for both holders.
- Joint B Type: Issued jointly to two adults, payable to one of the joint account holders.
Kisan Vikas Patra Interest Rate
The maturity period for Kisan Vikas Patra is 10 years and 4 months, during which the principal amount doubles. As of January 1, 2021, the interest rate is 6.9%. Withdrawals before maturity are possible under certain circumstances. The minimum investment is ₹1000, with no maximum limit. Certificates are available in denominations of ₹1000, ₹5000, ₹10000, and ₹50000, sold by the Central Government. After maturity, the amount can be obtained from any post office, and the beneficiary must present their identity slip. If the slip is unavailable, redemption is possible only from the post office where the certificate was obtained.
Objective Of Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana
The main goal of this scheme is to promote a savings culture among the citizens. The investment amount will double, serving as an incentive for more people to invest and save. In the Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana 2024, one needs to apply for 124 months, and a 6.9% interest rate will be applied to the investment. This scheme aims to enhance the economic well-being of the participants.
Kisan Vikas Patra Transfer
Kisan Vikas Patra can be transferred to another person only under these conditions:
- If the account holder passes away.
- If the joint holder dies.
- Upon court order.
- By pledging the account to the designated officer.
Rules for withdrawing Kisan Vikas Patra
Kisan Vikas Patra can be closed early under specific conditions, such as:
- Death of any account holder.
- Court order.
- After 2 years and 6 months from the date of submission.
- Withdrawal by a gazette officer.
Who can have Kisan Vikas Patra account?
- A child, either as an individual or with up to two others in a joint account, can have a guardian manage the account on behalf of them if they are below 10 years old.
- However, a minor who is 10 years or older can manage their account independently.
Benefits & features of Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana
- Kisan Vikas Patra is a savings scheme that doubles the investment over time.
- The investment needs to be held for a minimum of 124 months to achieve the doubling of the investment.
- The scheme allows a minimum investment of ₹1000.
- PAN card details are required for investments of ₹50,000 or more.
- Applications can be made through post offices or bank accounts.
- Transfer of Kisan Vikas Patra can be done between post offices or bank accounts.
- Payments for KVP can be made in cash or through checks.
- A Kisan Vikas Certificate is issued upon application, containing beneficiary details, maturity date, and maturity amount.
- The interest rate for this scheme is 6.9 percent.
- Withdrawals are allowed anytime, but if within 1 year, no interest is provided, and a penalty is imposed.
- Kisan Vikas Patra can be used as collateral for obtaining a loan.
Eligibility for Kisan Vikas Patra
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- Applicant’s age should be over 18 years.
- Minors can have their parents invest on their behalf.
- Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are ineligible for this scheme.
Kisan Vikas Patra Scheme Interest, Returns and Withdrawals
The current interest rate in the Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana 2024 is 6.9%. After 124 months, the investment amount doubles at this rate. Premature withdrawal is allowed, but if done within the first year, no interest is provided, and a penalty must be paid. After one year, there is no penalty for withdrawal, but the interest rate is reduced. If the withdrawal occurs after two and a half years, the investor receives interest at the rate of 6.9%, and no penalty is applied.
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- kvp application form
- age certificate
- passport size photograph
- mobile number
How to Apply for Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana Online 2024?
- Visit the official website of the bank or post office offering the Kisan Patra Scheme.
- Navigate to the homepage.
- Click on the “Investment Plan” link.
- Locate and select the “Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana” link.
- Access the application form displayed on the screen.
- Fill in all required details accurately.
- Attach necessary documents as specified.
- Click the “Submit” button to complete the application process.
- Your application for Kisan Vikas Patra Yojana 2024 is now successfully submitted.
In conclusion, the Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) 2024 with a 6.9% interest rate offers a secure avenue for long-term investment. The scheme doubles the investment after 124 months, benefiting investors with financial growth. Its flexibility allows for premature withdrawals, though penalties may apply within the first year. With a minimum investment of ₹1000 and no maximum limit, KVP caters to a wide range of investors. This scheme not only fosters a savings culture but also contributes to the economic well-being of individuals across the nation.
What is the interest rate offered in Kisan Vikas Patra 2024?
The current interest rate is 6.9% as of 2024.
How does the investment grow in KVP?
The investment amount doubles after 124 months, providing a significant return.
Are premature withdrawals allowed, and what are the conditions?
Yes, premature withdrawals are permitted. Penalties apply within the first year, but no penalties are charged after one year.
What is the minimum investment required in KVP 2024?
The minimum investment is ₹1000.
How can one apply for Kisan Vikas Patra 2024?
Applications can be made at post offices and banks through cash, cheque, pay order, or demand draft.
Meet Deepmala, a 22-year-old college student and a budding author. She’s passionate about storytelling, and her writing is a window into her world of creativity. With a unique blend of authenticity and relatability, Deepmala’s work explores human emotions, relationships, and personal growth, drawing inspiration from her own experiences.