प्रधानमंत्री फसल बीमा योजना:- The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana ensures the security of farmers by providing insurance cover in the event of crop failure. The Central Government offers an insurance claim amount to farmers facing crop losses. This scheme has replaced two earlier ones, namely the National Agri Insurance Scheme and the Modified Agri Insurance Scheme, which had various shortcomings, including a lengthy claim process causing difficulties for farmers. The introduction of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana aims to streamline the process, making it more accessible for farmers seeking crop insurance benefits. If you’re a farmer looking to benefit from this scheme, read this article for detailed information.
PM Fasal Bima Yojana 2024
- 1 PM Fasal Bima Yojana 2024
- 2 Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Overview
- 3 Objective Of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- 4 How to Register for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Online 2024?
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 FAQ’s
The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on May 13, 2016, in Sehore, Madhya Pradesh, aims to provide insurance cover to farmers in the event of crop damage. The scheme offers low premiums to accommodate each farmer’s financial situation. Since its inception, the Central Government has provided insurance cover to 36 crore farmers. The scheme has disbursed an insurance claim amount of Rs 1.8 lakh crore to date. The government plans to initiate a door-to-door Mitra campaign for hassle-free distribution of crop insurance policies, benefiting more farmers.
As monsoon rains continue, states like Punjab and Haryana facing waterlogging can find relief through this scheme. Farmers facing personal losses, along with crop damage, can benefit from PMFBY. The scheme compensates farmers for crop damage caused by natural disasters, making it crucial in the era of climate crisis. Farmers are encouraged to insure their crops to become eligible for compensation in case of crop failure. The government has invited applications for Kharif crop insurance until July 31, allowing farmers to apply online or through public services.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Overview
|Name Of The Scheme
|Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
|by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
|Start of Plan
|on 13 may 2016
|Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
|Farmers of the Country
|To compensate farmers for crop related losses
|Maximum Claim Amount
|2 lakh Rupees
Objective Of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
The primary goal of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is to offer financial aid to farmers facing crop losses from natural disasters. This encourages the adoption of modern farming techniques, boosting farmers’ income for stable and continuous farming. The government provides varying amounts to farmers who experience crop losses. Farmers nationwide can apply for and avail benefits under this scheme to mitigate the impact of crop losses.
Information has to be given 72 hours in advance
Under the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme, farmers must promptly report crop losses due to natural disasters to the Agriculture Department within 72 hours. Additionally, farmers need to submit a written complaint to the District Administration Agriculture Department, detailing the extent of the crop loss. Upon receiving the complaint, the District Administration Agriculture Department takes swift action, informing the insurance company promptly. The insurance company then initiates the process of providing insurance coverage to the affected farmer.
Claim amount to be received under PM Fasal Bima Yojana
Farmers can claim benefits under the PM Fasal Bima Yojana by reporting crop losses. The scheme covers losses due to natural disasters. Specific claim amounts are assigned for different crops. For instance, the maximum claim for cotton is Rs 36,282 per acre, for paddy it is Rs 37,484, for millet Rs 17,639, for maize Rs 18,742, and for moong Rs 16,497. After a survey confirms the crop damage, the claim amount is directly transferred to the farmers’ bank accounts.
Main Points of PM Fasal Bima Yojana
- The Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana provides farmers with insurance coverage in case of crop loss due to natural disasters.
- Farmers pay a premium of 1.5% for Rabi crops, 2% for Kharif crops, and 5% for commercial and horticultural crops.
- Independent crop insurance by farmers incurs very low premiums.
- The government covers the maximum premium to ensure all farmers receive insurance coverage and easily recover losses from disasters.
- Claims are applicable if the crop is missed within 14 days of harvesting.
- The PMFBY employs technology for swift settlements and is overseen by the Agriculture India Insurance Company.
- A budget of Rs 5550 crore was allocated in the fiscal year, benefiting 36 crore insured farmers since the scheme’s inception.
Which Crops are included in PM Fasal Bima Yojana?
- Food crops: Examples include cereals, paddy, wheat, millet, and others.
- Annual Commercial crops: This category comprises crops like Cotton, Jute, Sugarcane, etc.
- Pulses: Arhar, gram, peas, lentils, soybean, moong, urad, cowpea, etc., fall under this category.
- Oilseeds: Sesame, mustard, castor, cottonseed, groundnut, soybean, sunflower, rapeseed, safflower, linseed, nigerseeds, etc.
- Horticulture Crops: Banana, Grapes, Potato, Onion, Cassava, Cardamom, Ginger, Turmeric, Apple, Mango, Orange, Guava, Litchi, Papaya, Pineapple, Sapota, Tomato, Pea, Cauliflower, and more.
How to Register for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Online 2024?
To apply for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana https://pmfby.gov.in/.
- The homepage will open.
- Click on “Farmer Corner Apply for Crop Insurance yourself.”
- The Farmer Application page will appear.
- Choose the “Guest Farmer” option.
- The registration form will open.
- Enter all required information carefully, including Farmer Details, Residential Details, Farmer ID, and Account Details.
- Fill in the captcha code provided.
- Click on the “Submit” option.
By following these steps, you can complete the application process for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
In conclusion, the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) 2024, with its online registration and eligibility check features, stands as a crucial initiative for the welfare of farmers. Facilitating ease of access and streamlined processes, the scheme aims to provide financial security to farmers in the event of crop failures. The online registration and beneficiary verification mechanisms ensure transparency and efficiency. By extending support to farmers across the nation, PMFBY plays a pivotal role in mitigating agricultural risks and bolstering the agricultural community.
What is PMFBY, and how does it benefit farmers?
PMFBY is a crop insurance scheme aimed at providing financial assistance to farmers in case of crop failure due to natural disasters. It ensures financial security and promotes modern farming practices.
How can I register online for PMFBY 2024?
Online registration for PMFBY 2024 can be done through the official website. Farmers need to follow the specified registration process and provide necessary details.
What documents are required for PMFBY Registration?
The required documents may include identification proof, land records, and other relevant agricultural documents. Specific document details can be found on the official website.
How can I check the eligibility criteria for PMFBY benefits?
Farmers can check the eligibility criteria on the PMFBY website. Generally, all farmers involved in crop cultivation are eligible, but specific conditions may apply.
Can I check the PMFBY beneficiary list Online?
Yes, the PMFBY beneficiary list is available online. Farmers can visit the official website and access the list to verify their inclusion.
Meet Deepmala, a 22-year-old college student and a budding author. She’s passionate about storytelling, and her writing is a window into her world of creativity. With a unique blend of authenticity and relatability, Deepmala’s work explores human emotions, relationships, and personal growth, drawing inspiration from her own experiences.